Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pipe Writing Contest, An Update

Hello, everyone!

This is going to be a very brief note. I am primarily writing to let everyone know that the submission period for Pipe School's first Writing Contest is officially over!

We have had a number of incredible submissions, displaying incredible rhetorical and creative skills. I am truly envious of all those who submitted, as I am sure that if I were half as skilled as they are I would have a far more successful blog!


The judges for this competition will be my brother, an talented writer, avid reader, and devoted pipester, me -- as if I'm qualified -- and one guest judge who will be announced once the judging process starts.

I would also like to thank everyone who participated, either through direct submissions to the competition, encouragement of the writers, and the two gentlemen who added their own tobacco to the prize, Neill Archer Roan and Richard Friedman.

Check back for updates on the judging and results of the competition!

2 comments:

  1. *patiently waits as the anticipation runs thick*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's happening, I promise you!

    I needed to wait for one of the judges to get back to his home town so that he could actually read the pieces.

    Fret not! You have not been forgotten! :-)

    ReplyDelete